The Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism (PCIJ) is looking for journalists to produce video explainers related to Covid-19. We encourage applicants to explore and pitch stories on the impact of the pandemic on underrepresented sectors, government response to Covid-19, local stories about the pandemic or any quarantine-related theme.
PCIJ accepts applications from freelance and staff journalists at news outlets. Applications from individuals or teams of two to three collaborators are allowed.
Grant amount is P60,000 per award. PCIJ will also cover expenses up to P10,000.
PCIJ is fully aware of health risks given the ongoing pandemic. Grantees are encouraged to take safety precautions and conduct information gathering from home as much as possible. PCIJ may cover costs pertaining to Covid-19 testing.
Following PCIJ’s project timeline, grantees will produce and publish these outputs on or before May 15, 2021:
- 1 video explainer (8-12 minutes);
- 1 print story (750 to 1,000 words);
- 1 set of photos (8-10 images); and
- 1 set of infographics, if applicable.
How to apply
Applications must include:
- A story pitch in no more than 500 words;
- A budget estimate with breakdown of expenses;
- Two samples of published work;
- Two professional references (contacts); and
- An updated copy of curriculum vitae.
Send applications and/or queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Covid-19 explainers grant application.”
Feb. 21, 2021. Apply today!
PCIJ is implementing this project with support from the National Democratic Institute.
Photograph: Jilson Tiu— PCIJ, February 2021