Violation of any of these rules will result in the removal of comments. Repeat offenders will be banned.
1. Stay On Topic
- The topic of a blog entry is the topic for all comments pertaining to it. Beware of conversational drift.
- No meta-discussion. Meta-discussion is conversation about the conversation: about another person’s commenting style, about the blog rules, about the moderator’s decisions, etc. Don’t talk about the blog on the blog. Any issues with the blog community or its moderation should be addressed privately to the moderator.
- No repeat posts. Double posts, or repetitive posting of the same points over and over, will not help your argument. We heard you the first time.
2. Do Not Abuse, Harass, or Defame
- No personal attacks. Insulting, attacking, or denigrating another community member are ad-hominem attacks, which weaken debate and are not allowed under any circumstances. We have zero tolerance for taking an argument about any topic to a personal level.
- No baiting or gloating. Repeated taunting, sexual come-ons, or competitive posts toward another user constitute harassment and will get you banned. The object is intelligent discourse, not scoring points.
- No defamatory speech. Denigration of or threats against any group of people due to their race, religion, nationality, gender, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
3. Do Not Spam
- No commercial messages. Any spam posts will be removed immediately.
4. Do Not Post Copyrighted Material
- You may post links to appropriate articles, but posting articles from other sources in their entirety violates our rules. Use your best judgment, since you agree to be held legally responsible for your own posts on this system, but if you must repost quotes or sentences, please credit the source.
5. Report Trolls and Spammers
- We always appreciate help in identifying blog abusers and comment spam. Email the moderator with any concerns.
Violations of any of these rules will result in removal of the offending comment(s). Repeat offenders will be banned from the community.
By registering to participate in The Daily PCIJ, you agree that you will not post any messages that are abusive, threatening, or violative of any laws. The PCIJ has the right to remove, edit, move or close any comment or thread for any reason.
All messages express the views of the author, and the PCIJ will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
(adopted from the MoJo blog)